WorkFlowy is free-form and you can use it however you like, yet it is very powerful for creating lists, note-taking, and organizing virtually any sort of information.
We suggest you watch the Help videos in the Help section at Workflowy.com, and this tutorial is also good...
You should have received an email on how to get started....but here's what we suggest to people who are not sure what to do. There's also more support on our web version at Workflowy.com.
- Go to workflowy.com (or do it from your iOS device)
- Create top-level items called 'Personal' and 'Work'.
- Click the bullet point next to 'Personal' to zoom in.
- Create a 'Chores' item. List under it everything you need to do in the next week.
- Create a 'Goals' item.List under it everything you want to get done in the next month and year.
- Zoom out and start on the 'Work' section.
If you're using the iOS version, here is some basic info....
In the iOS app when you click on a line, buttons to Complete, add a note or indent/outdent will appear at the top of the screen. You can also tap an item, hold and drag it to move it. To delete, you need to backspace.
This should be enough to get you started.