WorkFlowy is entirely free-form with no imposed structures – yet it is very powerful for creating lists, note-taking, and organizing virtually any sort of information.
We suggest you watch the Help videos in the Help section (via the "gear" icon top right of you interface) in the desktop and desktop browser apps.
Here is a brief, basic overview video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6k5sR_4qJY
You should have received an email on how to get started... but here's what we suggest to people who are not sure what to do:
- Create top-level items called 'Personal' and 'Work'.
- Click the bullet point next to 'Personal' to zoom in.
- Create a 'Chores' item. List under it everything you need to do in the next week.
- Create a 'Goals' item. List under it everything you want to get done in the next month and year.
- Zoom out and start on the 'Work' section.
This should be enough to get you started!