So buggy it's unusable: can't create new bullets, etc.
Something changed in the last week or so that has made Workflowy so buggy as to be almost unusable.
- It's mostly around creating new bullets - if I'm in a nested list and I press enter to create a new bullet in that list it either: does nothing, randomly creates a bullet in a much higher-level list, or (rarely) does nothing for a few seconds and then creates the bullet. It does seem like I am still able to create new top-level bullets.
- Similarly, I can't copy-paste bullets anymore - the pasting behavior is the same as my issues with the new bullet behavior. It either: does nothing, randomly pastes at in my top-level home list.
- Something is wrong with toggles - more than half of the time I try to open a toggle, it just does nothing. It seems like sometimes if I reload the page I can open one toggle, and then they become unresponsive.
- Sometimes when I close a toggle, it just renders the text inside the toggle overlaid on the rest of the bullets
- I just encountered a new bug where the toggle icon is closed but the text is still showing. When I click on the toggle, it "blinks" but nothing changes (i.e. it doesn't either hide the text or correctly show the toggle as open
- It keeps losing what I've typed - I will have typed out a word or two which then just disappears
If this doesn't get fixed soon I will have to find a new tool because it's almost impossible to use it as it is!
This is on a Mac on Chrome Version 83.0.4103.97 (Official Build) (64-bit).
I just tested on Safari as well and repro'd at least some of the issues (the toggle bugs and the copy-paste bugs)
Maybe try downloading the Mac app for now?
You could try creating a new account, or deleting the current one if you aren’t worried about losing anything.
I’ve not seen the issue so I’d say leave a note with support: https://workflowy.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?mobile_site=false
Please sign in to leave a comment.