There several ways to copy or export content so that you can paste it into another WorkFlowy location or into an external program.
Using the steps below, you can multi-select items:
- Click and drag over all the items you want selected
- (or) use Alt+Click (Windows) / Cmd+Click (Mac) to select random items
- Hold Shift and click to select all items between where the cursor is and your second click
- Hold Shift and use the arrow keys
- Use Ctrl+A (Windows)/ Cmd+A (Mac) – hitting the "A" twice to select all visible items (the first “A” selects all the text in the current item)
Once you’ve selected some lines, you can complete, move, delete, cut, copy, indent and paste them.
We’ve tried to copy the behavior of text editors and file systems – the two areas where this type of selecting dynamic is most common.
You can also duplicate content in the desktop and browser apps via the "Duplicate" option in the bullet-hover menu or by placing your cursor in a list and using the Alt+Shift+D (Windows)/ Cmd+Shift+D (Mac) keyboard shortcuts.
On mobile you can duplicate any list by swiping left on any list to reveal the duplicate option.
Note: You can also still use the export feature that is available from the menu that pops up when you hover over any bullet. This export method allows you to copy (and/ or download) the data in a few formats: Plain Text, Formatted, OPML and Guide JSON.