How do I view my mentions?
Whenever you have any unread mentions, a blue notification dot will appear in the top left of the menu bar if the sidebar is collapsed. If the sidebar is open, you'll see the number of unread mentions.
There are two main ways to view all your mentions, in the sidebar and in the menu bar.
View from the sidebar
- Open the sidebar if it's not already open
- At the top you'll see 'Unread' with a number in a blue bubble
- Click 'Unread' to see all unread mentions
- Click the down / up arrows in the navigation widget to jump from mention to mention
View from the menu bar
- Click the 'Mentions' icon in the menu bar to see all your mentions at the current level or deeper
Note: This way of viewing your mentions will show you any mentions you have at the current level and deeper, but not any mentions that are at a higher zoom level. If you are zoomed into a section that doesn't have any mentions, the icon will not be visible.
How do I clear mentions?
Clearing a mention removes it from your list of Unread mentions.
When you are in 'mentions mode' - where mentions are highlighted and the mention navigation widget is visible in the top right, you have two options to clear mentions.
Note: When clearing mentions, if a mention has multiple bullets you will be presented with the option to mark single bullets as read (single checkmark) or the entire set of bullets (multiple checkmarks).
Clear by hovering
- Enter 'mention mode' from the sidebar or menu bar
- Hover over a mention with your mouse
- Click the single or double checkmark icon to mark that mention as read
Clear using the mentions widget
- Enter 'mentions mode' from the sidebar or menu bar
- Use the up and down arrows in the mentions widget in the top right to jump from mention to mention
- Click the single or double checkmark icon in the navigation widget to mark that mention as read